The Tuesday Company is hiring! If you're passionate about our mission and see a potential fit for one of these roles, let's talk!
- Full Stack Software Engineer (3+ years)
- Frontend Developer and Interaction Designer
- Client Success Manager
We Are Also Looking For Summer Interns! See Bottom Of The Page For open positions.
Full stack software engineer
As a full stack software engineer you will be helping to build our products from front-to-back. In particular we are looking for someone with an intuitive understanding of design and how that interacts with the data that comes from our API servers.
- Using continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- Working in a collaborative, product-focused team to build the next generation of civic tech
- Create a dynamic and responsive react native and react single page application
- Applying the latest technology thinking to build software that will help communities and political campaigns to engage voters
- Create designs and intuitive interfaces that engage and volunteers and campaign staff
- Hook those beautiful designs into our API all the way down to the database layer
What we’re looking for:
- A team player capable of communicating well.
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code. Our current tech stack includes, linux, MySql, Python, React, and React-native.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc.
- Knowledge and appreciation of cloud technology such as React, React-native or single page applications is a plus.
- A passion for all things design, including interaction design and user interface design.
We are a small, highly diverse team ready to make a difference in civic tech. We value diversity; we support traditional and nontraditional career paths.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org This is a full-time role based in New York City with an anticipated start date in May.
The Tuesday Company is searching for a user experience designer to support our work building Team, an app for volunteering in progressive politics. We need your help to make Team loved by volunteers and easy for campaign staff to use. Over 100 campaigns expect to use Team in 2018, meaning tens of thousands of people will have meaningful interactions with your work. This role requires a candidate with some degree of graphic design experience, as well proficiency in both mobile and desktop-focused design.
Responsibilities will include:
- Sketching, wireframing and producing high-fidelity prototypes for the engineering team
- Communicating your design choices and priorities with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Required skills include:
- Excellent written communication of design choices and thinking
- Proficiency in Sketch or similar wireframing software
- Proficiency in Adobe suite, especially Illustrator
Experience in front-end development is not required nor expected, but will strengthen your application.
How to apply
Please provide with your application a portfolio, or samples of your work to email@example.com This is a full-time role based in New York with an anticipated start date in May.
Frontend Dev + Interaction Designer
Passionate about political organizing? Ever wondered how you can personally contribute to strengthening our democracy? We’ve got just the opportunity. We need your help to build on and improve Team, our software designed to facilitate grassroots organizing online.
What we're building
We started Tuesday to solve a huge problem facing Democratic & progressive organizations. Progressives want to volunteer for candidates online, and candidates need these digital activists to advocate for them. But no infrastructure existed to integrate online supporters into a campaign’s digital strategy and volunteer program– until Team.
The Team mobile app gives volunteers a way to support their favorite local candidates from anywhere they bring their smartphone. The Team Dashboard allows campaign staffers to track, direct and manage these volunteers. Team makes it possible for campaigns to empower their online supporters, and integrate them into their overall campaign strategy.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a React Native frontend developer with mobile and interaction design experience. You will work in collaboration with our product and engineering teams, supervised by our CTO and CPO.
- Drafting new and iterating on existing wireframes
- Receiving and incorporating feedback from the Tuesday sales team
- Receiving, incorporating and offering feedback to and with external design firms on occasion
- Collaborating with the product and engineering teams to prototype and re-build Team based on user feedback
- Communicating design choices to different stakeholders within the company
- Turning wireframes into design assets
- Turning those assets into React Native code
- Working with the engineering team to integrate assets into our codebase
Requirements for the role include:
- A portfolio of previous engineering work
- A portfolio of previous design work or research, if available
- 1-4 years of experience in mobile app design and development
- React Native experience
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org This is a full-time role with an anticipated start date in May.
Client Success Manager
The Tuesday Company seeks a Client Success Associate to support progressive campaigns and causes using our app, Team. The Client Success Manager is an integral part of the team that interacts with clients on a daily basis in order to provide service. This role is ideal for goal-oriented candidates looking to develop valuable sales and relationship management experience in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in customer service or client-facing role looking to grow quickly and potentially manage others. The role will be based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, and begins in May.
- Responsible for outreach strategy and for organizing in person and phone interactions with clients
- Assist in client onboarding such as setting up access and providing online walkthroughs of Team
- Solicit client feedback
- Be resource for the best practices of digital organizing
- Engage empathetically and analytically to replicate and solve problems
- Provide detailed documentation of your guidance
- Elevate problems to the engineering team when appropriate
- 1 year of professional experience, including internship and externship roles
- Strong client service ethic
- Experience working in a team environment
- Sales or fundraising experience
- Ability to communicate effectively by e-mail and phone with executives
- Experience thinking through problems creatively
- Attention to detail
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to take initiative on projects and through customer service interactions
How to Apply
Tell us why you want to work with us in this role! Send your cover letter, along with your resume, to email@example.com
As a growing startup, The Tuesday Company is an excellent place for you to learn quickly and have an impact. We look forward to welcoming top summer interns to our team again This summer!
The Tuesday Company is looking for a design intern with graphic design experience to us fulltime in NYC this summer. Passionate about voter engagement and want to apply your skills as a designer to political activism? We're looking for a junior level designer to support our team through the creation of branded collateral for The Tuesday Company (presentation, pitch documents, manuals, etc.). The Design Intern reports directly to the Creative Director, and is responsible for helping ensure a consistent quality to all outward facing materials for The Tuesday Company.
Requirements for the role include:
- Work samples of previous graphic design for brands
- 1-3 years experience as a graphic designer
- Expertise in inDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
How to Apply: submit a cover letter + portfolio with relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org